[mythtv-users] UPnP Playback Device

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Mar 23 16:39:33 UTC 2009

On Monday 23 March 2009 09:55:51 belcampo wrote:

> I use a PopCornHour playing via nfs which works very well. MythUPNP
> doesn't work for me.

Which PCH model are you using? Is the 110 worth the extra cost? I'm also
interested in the motherboard they sell, but it seems over-priced to me.

Do you mean your Myth UPnP "server" is not working? I have that working, only
problem is PVR recordings. Does your PCH work with other UPnP devices?

I'm also looking at the Neuros box. The Western Digital unit appears to be the
same Roku box Netflix is selling.

One advantage to buying the Roku from Netflix is you can complain to them if
it doesn't work. I've also heard that Netflix is throttling feeds
to "unofficial" devices. The conspiracy theorists seem to think Netflix is
giving priority to X-Box users due to pressure from MS, not sure I buy into
that one though.

I have a MediaMVP I might try, but that would mean no HD. I've heard rumors of
an HD MVP. I'd like to support Hauppauge because they seem to work with FOSS
people willingly.

My DSM-520 is just too unstable to give to my 80-year-old Mom, it also has an
annoying tendency to lose color.

--
beww
beww at beww.org