[mythtv-users] screwed up my 180.41 nv update

Clay nt4usb at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 14:58:34 UTC 2009

> From: Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] screwed up my 180.41 nv update
> To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Date: Monday, March 23, 2009, 1:41 AM
> Hi
>
> 2009/3/23 David Miller <dave at justdave.net>:
> > I do know (from a previous thread and experience) that
> the nvidia
> > drivers currently in the avenard repo require you to
> uninstall your
> > existing nvidia drivers first before installing them.
>  You might try
> > removing all traces of nvidia stuff then installing it
> again.
>
> This is only true for nvidia drivers <= 180.11 due to a
> change on how
> libvdpau is being packaged.
>
> The requirement to uninstall the previous nvidia drivers is
> true for
> any nvidia drivers > 180.11: that includes drivers found
> in the
> official ubuntu repository (8.10 comes with 8.22) and using
> the new
> nvidia drivers found in 9.04.
>
> Wanted to emphasise that this issue isn't linked to
> using my
> repository ; I only repackaged the drivers that will ship
> with Jaunty
> using exactly the same structure.
>
> Jean-Yves.

fwiw, I did a dist upgrade marathon on my MBE/FE and slave FE/BE this weekend.
Two year old install on Edgy>Feisty, upgrade to Gutsy, Gutsy to Hardy then updated MythTV and nivdia via your repos.

The Myth side of the upgrade went very well.
I thought I would have to fight with the 180.41 drivers on Hardy but they work a treat!

Had (have) several bugs to work out of Ubuntu though.

One thing I did notice, the tuner setup option that used to mention PVR-150 no longer mentions PVR-xxx so I was a little lost which to use for my 150s. ATSC115 and A180 show up as Air2pc DVB cards.

Thank you very much for taking the time to compile, maintain, and host the build. ...almost feel guilty using it, remembering the month it took me to compile and get 0.18 working way back when.