[mythtv-users] Hello; anyone using the HVR-1600?

Michael Salmons salmonsm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 23:06:28 UTC 2009

 I did try this but had build errors. However,  your reply gives me the
confidence to persevere. Thanks, Nick.

2009/3/22 Nick F <nikos.f at gmail.com>

> 2009/3/22 Michael Salmons <salmonsm at gmail.com>
>
>> This is my first post to the list. I've been trying to get Mythbuntu to
>> work with a Hauppauge HVR-1600 with no success. Is anyone using MythTV
>> sucessfully with this card?
>>
> I'm using the HVR-1600 with Ubuntu 8.10.  You just need to install the
> firmware drivers for it - and it works OK.  First analogue capture after a
> reboot is always scrambled.  Second one onwards is fine.  The wiki has a
> workaround for it.

   "It is imperative to expose a dangerous popular myth regarding the
efficacy of President Roosevelt’s actions: that it was not the programs of
the New Deal, but only the placing of the nation on a wartime footing years
later, that restored the health of the nation’s economy.

   "This belief, though widely held, cannot stand up to even the most basic
economic analysis. Yet the mainstream corporate media, which abound with
anti-government ideology, seek to reinforce this myth."

-Charles McMillion, the former associate director of the Johns Hopkins
University Policy Institute and a former contributing editor of the Harvard
Business Review