[mythtv-users] Dish Network DTVPal DVR

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 14:53:49 UTC 2009

> I run a diskless VIA front end using minimyth and have not had to recompile
> anything. "Just works".

The Via frontend I have does not support the CMOV processor
instruction, and CPU speed scaling locks it up, and the famous Via
chipset DMA bug locks it up too. Maybe some distros have these kernel
features configured by default... mine didn't.

This isn't Myth's fault. But it is time consuming.

>> You also have to restart your backend after a
>> Daylight Savings change or Myth records all the wrong things.
>>
> Restart after a Daylight Savings time change? What? Are you not running
> ntpd?

Yes, I am running ntpd. The system changed the time just fine. But
Myth thought I was still offset -7 hours, hence the restart so Myth
would realize I was now at -6. Maybe if you use SchedulesDirect this
happens automatically, but I use EIT for program listings and it
didn't.
___
 /yler