[mythtv-users] No "configure" command for mythfilldatabase

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sat Mar 21 08:51:30 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves,

Thank you for responding.
> Restart mythtv-setup and redo the video sources settings. When you add
> a grabber, you will get something on the command line where you
> started mythtv-setup , pay attention to those output and answer any
> questions properly.

It doesn't look like anything useful came up in the command line. After
recreating the video source and following all instructions, it says only
this:

~$ mythtv-setup
* Stopping MythTV server: mythbackend
[ OK ]
* Restarting MythTV server: mythbackend
No /usr/bin/mythbackend found running; none killed.

I think tv_grab_jp might be fubar, because it looks to me like it can't
find the listings source when I try to run it with the "--configure"
command.

$ sh tv_grab_jp --configure
tv_grab_jp: 3: =pod: not found
tv_grab_jp: 5: =head1: not found
using config filename /home/media/.xmltv/tv_grab_jp.conf
config file /home/media/.xmltv/tv_grab_jp.conf is empty, please delete
and run me with --configure
tv_grab_jp: 9: =head1: not found
/usr/bin/tv_grab_jp: get Japanese television listings in XMLTV format
To configure: /usr/bin/tv_grab_jp --configure [--config-file FILE]
[--gui OPTION]
To grab listings: /usr/bin/tv_grab_jp [--config-file FILE] [--output
FILE] [--days N]
        [--offset N] [--enable-readstr] [--no-category-code]
        [--quiet]
To list channels: /usr/bin/tv_grab_jp --list-channels
using config filename /home/media/.xmltv/tv_grab_jp.conf
getting regions
could not fetch
http://www.ontvjapan.com/areachange/areaselect.php3?tv=1&force=1, error:
403 Forbidden, aborting
using config filename /home/media/.xmltv/tv_grab_jp.conf
config file /home/media/.xmltv/tv_grab_jp.conf is empty, please delete
and run me with --configure
tv_grab_jp: 16: [--offset: not found
tv_grab_jp: 17: [--quiet]: not found
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">

getting regions
could not fetch
http://www.ontvjapan.com/areachange/areaselect.php3?tv=1&force=1, error:
403 Forbidden, aborting
<tv source-info-url="http://www.ontvjapan.com/"
source-data-url="http://www.ontvjapan.com/program/"
generator-info-name="XMLTV"
generator-info-url="http://membled.com/work/apps/xmltv/">tv_grab_jp: 21:
=head1: not found
tv_grab_jp: 23: Output: not found
tv_grab_jp: 24: The: not found
tv_grab_jp: 25: time.: not found
tv_grab_jp: 27: First: not found
tv_grab_jp: 28: to: not found
tv_grab_jp: 29: listings: not found
using config filename /home/media/.xmltv/tv_grab_jp.conf
config file /home/media/.xmltv/tv_grab_jp.conf is empty, please delete
and run me with --configure
tv_grab_jp: 33: cannot open --configure: No such file
tv_grab_jp: 33: B: not found
tv_grab_jp: 34: and: not found
tv_grab_jp: 36: cannot open --config-file: No such file
tv_grab_jp: 36: B: not found
tv_grab_jp: 37: cannot create .: Is a directory
tv_grab_jp: 37: default: not found
tv_grab_jp: 38: cannot open --configure: No such file
tv_grab_jp: 38: B: not found
tv_grab_jp: 40: cannot open --gui: No such file
tv_grab_jp: 40: B: not found
tv_grab_jp: 41: OPTION: not found
tv_grab_jp: 42: Additional: not found
tv_grab_jp: 43: Syntax error: word unexpected

>> I'm a bit stuck since the instructions I am given do not match the reality.
>>
> They do :)

I do have to disagree on this point. The original command I ran
explicitly told me to run mythfilldatabase with the "--configure"
paramater, and there is no "--configure" parameter. That is a mismatch
between instructions and reality.

--
Dave M G