[mythtv-users] New MythTV Project

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 01:07:03 UTC 2009

2009/3/20 Daniel Dunning <dan3501 at yahoo.com>:
> Good point.  I definitely want to view / record all channels since I
> subscribe to premium and sports channels, but the DVR is not required.  So,
> given these considerations, I plan on replacing the existing HD DVR with an
> HD STB.

It is also important to note the HD-PVR is not supported in the
current stable release of mythtv (ie 0.21). To use the HD-PVR you
would need to run 0.22 from svn trunk. If you are comfortable
compiling your own code, you know your way around mythtv, and are
capable of dealing with bugs and related issues with development code,
 then it may work for you. But if you are new to mythtv and new to
maintaining a mythtv system then you may be biting off more than you
can chew. However, the HD-PVR is currently the only way to record HD
content from a STB.