[mythtv-users] mythfrontend hangs while preview image is being created in Watch Recordings screen

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 21 01:00:00 UTC 2009

On 03/20/2009 07:23 PM, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> Yep, and with your patch, it will be.  :)  Make sure you talk to Stuart
>> Morgan in IRC as he has a plan for how it should be done.
>>
> I am not familiar with Qt, MythTV code and not much with C++. I have
> modified MythTV a little bit for my own need (changed some lines of
> code), but that's it.
>
> If it would be written in Java (that is what I use at work), then I
> would offer to do it.
>
> But as things are like they are, my hope was that there is a workaround
> or the developers would place it on their ToDo list.

Yeah, as I mentioned, Stuart has a plan for it (though he has very
little time as he has taken on a /huge/ project in converting most of
Myth to mythui).  Several devs have expressed an interest in doing what
you mentioned, but haven't gotten around to it, yet.  However, there has
been quite a bit of focus on improving the responsiveness of the Watch
Recordings page (and entering that page) in trunk, so even if we don't
have it all done by 0.22, I think you'll see an improvement, there.

Mike