[mythtv-users] Link to IMDB/search, for recorded programs/listings in FE?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 21 00:55:54 UTC 2009

On 03/20/2009 05:46 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:
> I see in Mythweb I can go to a listing and there's the " Search IMDB
> Search TV.com Search Google" links, but I'm wondering if there's a way
> to do this in the FE itself? I often go to Schedule Information >
> Program Details and that's helpful, but is there a way to bring up
> Firefox or the internal browser and have it do the same as the Search
> IMDB or TV.com links in Mythweb?

No, not yet.  It might be a nice addition for 0.22, though, if you feel
like doing some coding.  Note, also, that they're /much/ better support
for getting that metadata into Myth (especially MythVideo) with current
trunk, thanks to patches/work from Robert McNamara, R.D. Vaughan, and W.
Stewart--not to mention Anduin Withers--among others.

Also, note that IMDb data grabbing is being completely removed from Myth
for 0.22 as doing so is in violation of the site's ToS.  Starting a
browser and going to that page wouldn't be, but--if you do make a
patch--please have it prefer themoviedb.org and TheTVDB.com (and,
possibly, omdb (Open Media Database - omdb.org )--as it seems that
project is "waking up," again).  Preferring the sites that don't steal
your input would encourage users to input additional information on
those sites, making them even better.

Mike