[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] solar power for all our gadgets

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Mar 19 23:31:40 UTC 2009

On Thursday 19 March 2009 16:45:37 David Brodbeck wrote:
> Mark wrote:
> > Anthropogenic global warming
> > doesn't even pass my common sense meter.  It's a matter of scale.
>
> It was once common sense that we could dump anything in Lake Erie and it
> wouldn't matter, because it was so big, too.  Arguments of scale tend to
> break down when you have a large population with large resource needs.

At one time it was workable solution to just toss sewage and garbage in the
street.

Think of the planet as an egg. It can support the embryo for a time, but the
food will be used up and the toxins will kill the embryo, unless it can break
out and find new resources.

Expand our horizons or die, it's one or the other.

As someone said here, Go ISS, but it's too slow and doesn't have enough
support.

--
beww
beww at beww.org