[mythtv-users] Intel DG45FC with GMA X4500HD graphics dropping frames

Clay nt4usb at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 19 19:57:40 UTC 2009

--- On Thu, 3/19/09, stan <stanlist at cox.net> wrote:
From: stan <stanlist at cox.net>
Subject: [mythtv-users] Intel DG45FC with GMA X4500HD graphics dropping frames
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Date: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 11:17 AM

I'm trying to get mythtv running under Fedora 10 on an Intel DG45FC mobo
which
includes a G45 Express chipset and an Intel GMA X4500HD graphics chip.  The
CPU is an Intel E8400
3 GHz dual core.

I'm capturing OTA ATSC with a Hauppauge 950Q, and capture is working fine.

I'm getting lots of frames dropped when I play back a 1080i OTA ATSC show,
and
I've run out of things to try.

Playback works fine on Vista and Vista graphics drivers (dual boot), but
there are no
official Intel Linux graphics drivers for the X4500HD.

I would think the 3 GHz dual processor would be enough to process the 1080i
mpeg file even without using graphics acceleration.

Are there any mythtv parameters I can change to get playback working?

I have the machine set up as dual boot Fedora 10 / Vista. Everything works
under Vista, but I'd rather run mythTV under Fedora.  Any ideas?

--stan

Looks like you have the official (still needs a lot of work) Intel drivers.
iirc, xf86-video-intel 2.4.0 began support of the x4500.
Have you tried throwing more video memory at it in the BIOS?

I'm surprised you have it working at all.
I have the G41 version (GIGABYTE GA-EG41M-S2H) and haven't found a distro that will work via DVI out... "No Screens Found"
VGA works poorly. Nothing to try the HDMI out on.
I'm waiting to try FC11. Maybe it will work.