[mythtv-users] Announce: 0.21-fixes with vdpau ubuntu repository

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 02:56:53 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:40 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all.
>
> A few of you have been using my Ubuntu repository and the VDPAU mods
> for 0.21-fixes.
> http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Ubuntu_Repository.html
>
> I made some changes over the week-end.
>
> First of all, now all the packages are signed ; you will need to
> install the signing key with :
> wget http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos/ubuntu-repos.key &&
> sudo apt-key add ubuntu-repos.key && rm ubuntu-repos.key
>
> To enjoy the extra security, you need to update your APT sources ; now it's:
> deb http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos intrepid release

Thank you for adding the signing, it seems to be de rigeur these days,
so is a welcome addition (even if just to stop me having to type "yes"
to the unsigned packages.)

My thanks to you for the whole repo and all your work. I now have an
8400GS in a P4 2.8 GHz small form factor box. She Who Must Be Obeyed
knows nothing about the system other than the most basic remote
control keypresses but she commented on the improved quality.

Nick.