[mythtv-users] Filtering non-subscribed channels

Bert Haverkamp bert at bertenselena.net
Wed Mar 18 18:42:05 UTC 2009

2009/3/18 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>

> Hi
>
> 2009/3/18 Bert Haverkamp <bert at bertenselena.net>:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > my mythbuntu system is used for watching digtial cable (DVB-C )
> > When scanning, I get tons of channels, most of which I don't have a
> > subscription to.
> > Is it possible to filter those out in the channel list? I know about
> > filtering encrypted channels.
>
> Go into mythweb, and make the one you don't want as not visible..
> Uncheck the "visible" box for them.
>
> You can also delete the channels entirely, but I prefer to make them
> invisible

Hi Jean-Yves,

That is not what I seek. For one, I don't know what channels are exactly in
my subscription. Ziggo sometimes adds a temporary extra channel. This summer
it was Netherlands 1-HD for instance.(I missed the Tour de France and
Olympics in HD :-(, The PVR wasn't ready then. ) Now it is Eurosport-HD.

Also the channels need to be rescanned occationally, because Ziggo likes to
change frequencies around. That happened twice in the last 2 months now.

So I'm looking for an automatic way (script?) to detect the watch-able
channels.

Regards,

Bert