[mythtv-users] Announce: 0.21-fixes with vdpau ubuntu repository

Kai 'wusel' Siering wusel+lists at uu.org
Wed Mar 18 15:56:09 UTC 2009

Hi,

first I'd like to express my thanks for the avenard.org repository,
which hopefully saves me some time to get this media center stuff
in it's Full-HD glory running with mythtv. (Works with XBMC already.)

But currently, trying to install the VDPAU'd mythtv packages, I get
errors with mythtv-transcode-util:

   mythtv-backend: Depends: mythtv-transcode-utils (= 0.21.0+fixes20212-openglvdpau-0ubuntu2) but it is not going to be installed

Adding mythtv-transcode-utils to apt-get install line I get:

   mythtv-transcode-utils: Depends: transcode but it is not going to be installed

Reiterating, it finally fails with:

   transcode: Depends: libavcodec1d (>= 0.cvs20070307) but it is not installable
              Depends: libavutil1d (>= 0.cvs20070307) but it is not installable
              Depends: libpostproc1d (>= 0.cvs20070307) but it is not installable

root at hdtvdr:~# apt-cache policy transcode
transcode:
   Installed: (none)
   Candidate: 2:1.0.2-0.8ubuntu10.1
   Version table:
      2:1.0.2-0.8ubuntu10.1 0
         500 http://archive.ubuntu.com intrepid-updates/multiverse Packages
      2:1.0.2-0.8ubuntu10.1 0
        1000 http://www.avenard.org intrepid/release Packages
      2:1.0.2-0.8ubuntu10 0
         500 http://archive.ubuntu.com intrepid/multiverse Packages

So, from my limited unterstanding of apt magic, the avenard.org version
would be considered for installation, right? Where am I exepcted to get
the libs transcode ned from? I'v already enabled the *verses and medi-
buntu ...

root at hdtvdr:~# apt-cache policy mencoder
mencoder:
   Installed: (none)
   Candidate: 2:1.0-svn28348-x264-vdpau-0ubuntu9
   Version table:
      2:1.0-svn28348-x264-vdpau-0ubuntu9 0
        1000 http://www.avenard.org intrepid/release Packages
      2:1.0-svn28348-vdpau-0ubuntu8 0
        1000 http://www.avenard.org intrepid/release Packages
      2:1.0-svn28348-vdpau-0ubuntu6 0
        1000 http://www.avenard.org intrepid/release Packages
      2:1.0~rc2-0ubuntu17+medibuntu1 0
         500 http://packages.medibuntu.org intrepid/non-free Packages
      2:1.0~rc2-0ubuntu17 0
         500 http://archive.ubuntu.com intrepid/multiverse Packages

... but no one seems to provide libavcodec1d et al. What am I
missing? Thanks,
			kai

--
"The Gregorian calendar is a kludge only an innumerate could love.
  When will someone impose a metric calendar and free us from the