[mythtv-users] How to view and download torrents from the web

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 20:28:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 12:23 AM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette#Anything_else_I_should_be_aware_of.3F
>>
>> Any idea why there's no link to this on the mailing list sign-up page
>> at http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users? It would
>> be a good intro for  people joining the list.
>
> Perhaps because people would then ask "why can't I discuss bittorrent
> when it has legitimate uses" as their first message.

Having just read the mailing list etiquette, discussing bittorrent
isn't strictly forbidden. In fact, the word "torrent" isn't even
mentioned. Where it would cross the line is when you start talking
about bittorrent and a video file of any kind. If you were to ask if
there was a torrent for downloading MythBuntu, MythDora or other FOSS
type stuff that should be fine.

Richard