[mythtv-users] Going to add HD-- anyone with the WD "green" sata drive?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Mar 16 20:49:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, March 16, 2009 12:50 pm, Adam Stylinski wrote:
> Am I just really really lucky?  I mean I have drives that are 6 years old
> or older that work just great.

I have some like that, too.  At work, where we spin a lot more drives than
I have at home, I notice some infant mortality, then a quiet period, then
more failures around the 3 year mark.  If they live that long they tend to
go for quite a while.

In home use most of us have few enough drives that we can end up looking
at the long tail of the bell curve without even realizing it -- the sample
size is just really small.