[mythtv-users] Comcast digital transition: Pointer to useful Wiki articles

stefan_jones at comcast.net stefan_jones at comcast.net
Mon Mar 16 20:24:17 UTC 2009

----- boehm100 at comcast.net wrote:
> Great info. Did you use this method on an HDHR? How did you get the
> DVB apps to use the HDHR?
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

Sorry, I may have confused you by mentioning the Silicon Dust (maker of HD Homerun) site. I used the site's digital station listing resource as a "source of truth" to determine which digital channels were available on my local Comcast network. I confirmed that they were there with my HDTV's tuner. The Silicon Dust channel listings proved accurate as far as my HDTV was concerned, but did not match what my digital card found . . . thus my post.

My MythBox has internal tuners . . . specifically, a PVR 150 for analogy and a pcHDTV3000 for digital.

I don't know enough about the HD Homerun to describe an equivalent process. However, the Silicon Dust listing for your area might be all you need as far as scanning is concerned.