[mythtv-users] Freeview & Freesat combined (UK DVBT & DVBS)

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Mar 16 19:18:56 UTC 2009

On 16 Mar 2009, at 17:56, Another Sillyname wrote:

>> Just to reiterate, callsign needs to match, nothing else matters!
>> --
>> Mike Holden

Got it, after an RSI inducing session with MythWeb, had flashbacks of
using Windows for a moment with all that clicking!!
Now my upcoming recordings makes a great deal more sense.

> mythweb -->  MythTV (on the 'command' line, extreme left)  -->
> Settings  -->  TV  -->  Channel Info
>
> This will give you a complete list of the channels and their channel
> num

Thanks, got that.

> On the right hand sign there's an option box for each channel
> labelled 'visible'

Do you know if the scheduler will still find something on a channel
that isn't visible? It would need the scheduler box ticked of course
but it would be good to know, I'll find out in a month or two I guess.

> Deselect the visible option for channels that are duplicated on DVB-S
> (you can even renumber the channel order if you like and you can have
> duplicate channel numbers as long as only one is selected visible).
>
> In a nutshell I get the bulk of my channels from DVB-T and then
> supplement the following DVB-S channels
>
> Film 4+1, BBC 1&2 (NI & Scotland for sports not broadcast in England),

So does your BBC Scotland match your BBC ONE or do you treat it as a
separate channel?
I have visions of sitting down to the Gaelic version of East Enders, I
know East Enders isn't in Gaelic and I don't watch it anyway but you
know what I mean.

> The channel numbering makes sense and I have no channel 17438 type
> problems (All TV is up to 299, all radio is 300+), for example BBC HD
> is 201, ITV HD is 202 Four HD is 204.

Oops Freudian slip perhaps, Four HD?
I know, I know, not on this list....

> When choosing to watch a show I'll make sure I don't choose "record on
> any channel" any more, instead I choose "record at any time on Channel

I quite like what any channel does but I'll give it a go.

> Hope this helps

Loads, thanks to everyone who's chipped in, some really useful tips.

Now, why doesn't my DVBS2 slave backend appear to be connecting.... :-)

Andre