[mythtv-users] BBC HD wrong length reported by OSD and fast forward / rewind not working

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 17:47:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:39 AM, John Taylor <john at vetsurgeon.org.uk> wrote:

> Trunk or fixes?
>
> If trunk, could you try applying H264Parser-fixes-v1.1.patch from
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6243
> ? If that does not help, we will have to debug further.
>>>

> Apologies- it was the version that ships with 8.10 Mythbuntu
>
> Checked out the latest trunk via svn, applied patch, compiled and
> installed and it wants me to update my backend database schema .
>
> Since the backend is in constant use I'm naturally wary about this.
> Will it hose my system? Should I backup my backend, update, test then
> restore the old (current) database?
>
> Backend:
> MythTV Version   : 18207
> MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
> Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
> Network Protocol : 40

If you have not been running trunk, then you need to consider very
carefully before making that plunge.  While trunk works, it is FAR
less polished (right now) than 0.21-fixes.  In my experience,
mythbackend is just as stable as in trunk as it was in 0.21-fixes.
The frontend is a moving target, though.

The H.264 support in trunk has been changed quite a bit since 0.21,
and will likely solve your problem with BBC HD.

You can make a backup of your DB and give it a try if you want.  Or
you can wait for 0.22 to be released, but that is probably still a few
months away.  Guess it depends on how addicted you have become to High
Def ;-)

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.