[mythtv-users] Going to add HD-- anyone with the WD "green"sata drive?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Mar 16 17:21:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, March 16, 2009 1:35 am, Bob Long wrote:
> Shawn Rutledge wrote:
>> I still have the old one sitting around, can't decide whether to RMA
>> it or not because I can't be sure it's really defective.
>
> Visit www.wdc.com and use their diagnostic software. If it fails that,
> there
> should be no reason they won't accept that it's defective.

I find that Western Digital is very generous about their RMAs.  I've sent
in drives where I had no diagnostic information beyond "the RAID
controller kicked it out for some reason" and they've always exchanged
them without question.  I try not to abuse that, but sometimes it's the
easiest way to deal with intermittent failures.