[mythtv-users] Compiling MythTV on Fedora 10, possible?

Nicolas Riendeau knightr at istop.com
Mon Mar 16 01:09:42 UTC 2009

Hi Geoff!

R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> I wish somebody could send me a stock (or close to stock) ld.so.conf
>> so that I could
>> check if other entries are missing as well...
>>
> This is the content of my ld.so.conf for a 32 bit setup. I think that
> only /usr/lib gets added by the install. I added the rest. I suppose
> this should be added to the dependencies script, and to the Compiling
> SVN trunk scripts. I had something fail to compile on Fedora 8 which
> needed /lib and the others are the result of debugging configure and
> compile errors. You will need the 64bit versions.

The man page of ldconfig seem to suggest that if /usr/lib and /lib weren't there they
would be added automatically when ldconfig runs though I don't know in which order
they would be processed...

I know for a fact that /usr/lib64 is not added so I can't say if /usr/lib is added
but I don't quite understand how everything is supposed to work if the librairies are
inaccessible.

BTW, I have now found out why I needed to reinstall everything on my htpc, one of its
hard drives is defective, it decided to fail again today and it's no longer accessible...

The hard drive that failed is one of the drives where the recordings are saved, not
the boot drive so I could simply replace it without reinstalling the OS but I think
I'll reinstall to see if I can figure out what when wrong the first time (if
something did indeed went wrong).

Thank you very much for your help and have a nice day!

Nick