[mythtv-users] exporting hd-pvr recordings

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sun Mar 15 21:58:21 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 14:31 -0700, Robert McNamara wrote:
> mythcommflag outputting an AVIdemux project doesn't add a dep, all it
> does is output a compatible file.  It's up to the user to have/install
> AVIDemux if you want to read it-- A dep would mean myth couldn't
> compile without it.

Fair enough...

> I haven't really looked at that script since back in the early days of
> HD-PVR development, mostly because when I get back around to it I will
> likely work on a better solution similar to MPEG-2 cutting (lossless
> transcode) in mythtranscode right now.  It's a bit beyond my comfort
> level/area of expertise, but when I finish with the stuff I'm doing
> and if I find myself without a project to work on, I might take a look
> at it.

Hmm... what surprises me is that I can't get the recordings to play.
The only mod I made was to what becomes line 138 in
mythtv/programs/mythcommflag/main.cpp where I now have:

    NuppelVideoPlayer* nvp = new NuppelVideoPlayer();

instead of:

    NuppelVideoPlayer* nvp = new NuppelVideoPlayer("avidemux_export",
pginfo);

I'm wondering if the fact that I'm still using the 1.0.53 beta firmware
on my hd-pvr makes a difference - after all, this worked at one point,
right?  That's why I'm wondering if I'm missing something - I've got
hd-pvr recordings stacking up like planes during winter at Chicago
O'Hare... ;)

In any case, thanks for the quick feedback - I appreciate it...

	-I