[mythtv-users] Mythsqueezebox Volume Control Doesn't Work

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Sun Mar 15 21:22:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've managed to get the mythsqueezebox plugin compiled and working on
Gentoo.  All seems well, except the volume control doesn't actually
change the volume.

I can "appear" to change the volume using either the volume buttons on
my remote (I see the volume bar in mythsqueezebox move on-screen) or
using the volume control from squeezecenter (web interface) but the
actual volume of playback never changes.

I've looked in mythfrontend logs, but there are no obvious errors.  I'm
thinking of buying some squeezebox hardware, so I'd like to get this
working so I can use it with that.

Where should I start looking?

(just to be clear, I do hear the music I've added to the playlist being
played, it's just that chaning the volume doesn't work)

Thanks,
Robert.

Mythtv-0.21_p19961 (-fixes?)
media-libs/portaudio-19_pre20071207
Linux version 2.6.28.7 (root at quad) (gcc version 4.1.2 (Gentoo 4.1.2 p1.1))