No subject

Sun Mar 1 18:40:12 UTC 2009

that split the signal with more loss to one leg than the others. Should I
use one of these for more signal to the TVs than to the modem?  Would this
be a better approach than an amplified splitter?  What experiences have
others had in solving this problem?
-Jason

--000e0cd146063273ae04651803b0

"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padd=
ing-left: 1ex;">
the list and moved my wireless router a few feet further away from my HDHR =
(there was only ~2ft between them before), and the artifacts seem to be gon=
e!=C2=A0 I never would have guessed this could be the problem, but looks li=
ke it was.=C2=A0 Thanks to the person that discovered, and posted this sugg=
estion.<br>

 router did not fix the issue.=C2=A0 The artifacts came back shortly. I the=
n completely unplugged my router, and there was no improvement.=C2=A0 I lat=
er did some monitoring of the problem channels using VLC/libhdhomerun, and =
found that the signal strength and quality were fluctuating quite a bit on =
both HDHR inputs.=C2=A0 My cable line coming into the house splits off to t=
he modem and 2 TVs on other floors, then to the main TV, and the 3 mythtv i=
nputs (pvr500 has 2 tuners/1 input, so I guess it&#39;s like 2 inputs). I a=
lways suspected that was too many splits, and it looks like I was right.=C2=
=A0 I tried swapping cables around to see if any of them had better results=
, none did.=C2=A0 I finally took the 4-way splitter out and ran the line di=
rectly to one HDHR tuner, and viola, no more artifacts!<br>
ers that split the signal with more loss to one leg than the others. Should=
 I use one of these for more signal to the TVs than to the modem?=C2=A0 Wou=
ld this be a better approach than an amplified splitter?=C2=A0 What experie=
nces have others had in solving this problem?<br>
-Jason<br>

--000e0cd146063273ae04651803b0--