[mythtv-users] Only records HD channels if available ??

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Fri Mar 13 09:31:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2009/3/13 Owen Townend <owen.townend at gmail.com>
>
>> Doesn't setting the duplicate detection to check in 'current recordings'
>> and/or 'all recordings' instead of just 'previous recordings' do this?
>>

> This is the default of mythtv.
> duplicate detection is set to "all recordings" already.
>
> So unfortunately, this is not enough to make it happen
> Jean-Yves

Perhaps take this to the shepherd list...

BUT, what I do is:
-set the "HD" channels to priority -1
-set HD flag to priority +1
-set shepherd into the mode where it puts everything onto the HD channel,
but ONLY puts the HD flag if it's "known HD"

It "just work" for me with only VERY occasional problems (mostly due to my
being in canberra, and thus having to deal with SC10 etc).

It does the HD recording if it's really in HD, or SD if not.  Never both...