[mythtv-users] cx88x audio problems

Jim Peters jiminycricket180 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 01:00:19 UTC 2009

Juan Jesús García de Soria Lucena wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/3/12 Jim Peters <jiminycricket180 at gmail.com>:
>

>> an old vinyl record when you slow it down, women sound like men and men
>> sound like demons from a low budget thriller. This happens in both
>> recordings and live TV, I don't see any audio settings in mythtv like there
>> is for the software encoder cards and i assume this is because the audio is
>> encoded along with the video as part of the mpeg stream. What can I do to
>> fix this?
>>

> Try editing the recording profiles. They may have been generated with
> an audio sampling rate that the capture card doesn't actually support.
> If you edit them, my experience is that they will get automatically
> corrected to the (typically only one: 48000 Hz) sample rate that the
> card supports and all your recordings from then on will be ok.
>

> Best regards, and good luck,
>
>    JJ.

I will be away from the house until tomorrow evening and I can try this,
but I had  the card in my master backend  first with the same  problem
and I also have a  pvr 350  in that machine, the pvr 350's  audio plays
fine, so I am inclined to think that this may not fix it. I have been
using mythtv for a couple years but I have never set recording profiles,
can I set these per card? and is this something I have to setup from
each frontend?
Thanks,
Jim