[mythtv-users] Compiling MythTV on Fedora 10, possible?

Nicolas Riendeau knightr at istop.com
Fri Mar 13 00:25:29 UTC 2009

Hi!

I'm pretty sure it's possible but I have not yet found the secret recipe...

If I try to compile trunk, it compiles but when I want to watch tv it doesn't work
and complain that:

VideoOutput, Error: Not compiled with any useable video output method.
NVP(0), Error: Couldn't create VideoOutput instance. Exiting..
Unable to initialize video.
playCtx, Error: StartDecoderThread() Failed to startdecoder
TV: StartPlayer(0, Watching WatchingLiveTV, main) -- end error
TV Error: LiveTV not successfully started

and configure only reports this when I run it for video output support:

# Video Output Support
x11 support               no
OpenGL video              no
OpenGL vsync              no
DirectFB                  no
Fribidi formatting        no
MHEG support              yes

Shouldn't I see x11 support in there?

The video card is a Nvidia 8600GT (which supports VDPAU) but I have tried to compile
it with and without VDPAU support and it doesn't make any difference...

If I try to compile fixes, configure complains that I need LAME MP3 encoder supports
(this is no longer needed with trunk?).

Lame is installed and there doesn't seem to be anything else I can add (unless I use
another repository and in this case it complains about conflicts).

This PC used to run trunk before I reinstalled the OS...

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Nick