[mythtv-users] OT: Samsung Series 5 52"?

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 14:31:16 UTC 2009

I'm considering a display upgrade to my myth setup, and the choice is
down to a toshiba something or other, and the Samsung Series 5 52" lcd
tv.

The sammy appears to be a few years old, so it's definitely not the
latest in tech, but it is a lot of glass with a rather small price
tag.

I'm not finding much about it on the intertubes, which is either good
or bad.  I'm just wondering if anyone who has one can share some of
their likes and dislikes with me?  The biggest "fault" I can find
about it is the fact the PIP module lets you select switch between a
digital/hd source and the analog tuner.  That seems kind of weird to
lock folks into something obsolete like the analog tuner - my guess is
PIP isn't a very popular feature?

Thanks!
Gordon

if you'd rather respond offlist, my gmail address is gordonthree