[mythtv-users] minimum card requirements for VDPAU

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 03:03:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Anthony Giggins
<seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

>> I'm hoping my Via EPIA ME6000 will be able to take a PCI VDPAU card so I
>> can have a rather simple upgrade to HD, and still enjoy a frontend with
>> no moving parts.  But the card I end up choosing will need to do just
>> about everything in hardware, or it won't work.
>>
>> But I'm willing to wait until things settle down.
>>
>> --
>> Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
>> www.rumble.net
>

> Good luck trying to find a PCI VDPAU capable in Australia, I'm yet to find
> anyone that sells them, I'm happy for someone to prove me wrong.

ditto New Zealand.

Closest I got was tracking down the Aussie and NZ agents for Sparkle
who seem to make such a card.

http://www.sparkle.com.tw/distributor.asp

Trouble is none of the distributors then list PCI cards on their
websites. I have not taken the step of contacting the distributors
with the specific request.