[mythtv-users] Intel Atom 330 as a backend

Philippe Cherel philippe.cherel at mayenne.org
Wed Mar 11 19:55:27 UTC 2009

Hi everybody !
I'm planning to upgrade my mythbox and splitting it into a little backend for
recordings and latter a new frontend. My needs are simple, I want a little box
running 24/7 and able to record DVB-T in SD and HD with a max of two (or
tree but it's very rare) channels at the same time and sometimes providing
live tv to the frontend.
For this purpose I'm planning to buy a D945GCLF2 motherboard with dual core
atom, 1 Go of memory and a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T 500 with dual tuner. I
already own a 500 Go SATA drive.
I'm wondering if someone has already done a backend with this kind of hardware
and if it will be enough for my needs (I think it is but i prefer to be sure).
Anyway thanks for any advice.

PS : blame my english teachers for the mistakes ;-).

--
Si tu es prêt à sacrifier un peu de liberté pour te sentir en sécurité,
tu ne mérites ni l’une ni l’autre.

--
Visitez mon blog : http://maygeek.free.fr