[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] solar power for all our gadgets

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Mar 10 18:34:37 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 March 2009 12:09:36 Mark Knecht wrote:
>> But then again I believe all American spent nuclear material should be
>> launched into space from Cape Kennedy in Florida directed at the sun.
>> If it doesn't work and comes back to Earth the chances of it effecting
>> me are zilch. ;-)
>
> I have just one word for that idea: Challenger.

Well, he said it wouldn't affect *him*, not that it wouldn't affect
anyone.  I think he'd figured out that where he lives is upwind of
Florida.  A bit like how computer "recycling" works -- we send
everything to some third world country, so the heavy metals contaminate
*their* drinking water and not ours.

But now we've put way too much thought into a comment that was clearly
meant as a joke. ;)