[mythtv-users] Need a PCI Express x1 serial adapter

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 10 17:45:34 UTC 2009

Mark J. Small wrote:
> This claims linux support since 2.6.11:
>
> http://www.startech.com/item/PEX2S952-2-Port-PCI-Express-RS232-Native-Serial-Adapter-Card-with-16550-UART.aspx
>
> I'd never seen one of these before.  Its the first useful card I've ever seen
> for PCIe 1X.

At risk of drifting somewhat offtopic, I picked up a PCIe FireWire card a while
back.  It's in my MythTV backend; a cable box hangs off it.  That freed up a
PCI slot for a tuner.  They used to cost a fair bit more than PCI FireWire
cards (which are dirt-cheap), but the price premium has since shrunk considerably.

   _/_
  / v \ Scott Alfter