[mythtv-users] Cannot find mythtv-setup

William william_munson at comcast.net
Tue Mar 10 10:21:06 UTC 2009

R Gazali wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to install MythTV on fedora core 10 with HVR1300.
> After configured and installed the source, I  couldn't even find the
> mythtv-setup.
> Anyone can tell me, what could possibly wrong with that.
>
> Thanks.

Looks like you installed the source code package, not the precompiled
binaries,

Try the following from the command line.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mythtv-suite

If you really wanted to build your own you will probably need to set up
all the compile libraries by the following:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get build-dep mythtv

Then follow the directions for compiling from source.