[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] solar power for all our gadgets

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 16:54:34 UTC 2009

> That said, your electricity might be much cheaper than mine. If you don't
> have tiers over 15c/KhW, then solar is not likely to help you as much as
> it helps me.

Here in Pittsburgh PA there is no such thing as tiers. You pay the
same rate regardless of the time of day or day of year. And the rate
is less than 15c/KWh. On top of that the electricity cost alone (our
bill is broken down to individual costs) is like 1/3 of the bill and
the rest is taxes, transmission, distribution, administrative costs
... So for that my electricity bill averages out to be around $100 /
month and this includes having AC in the summer months.

John