[mythtv-users] Ubuntu restore & unable to get past "select your preferred language" screen

Rodney D. Myers rod_myers at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 9 16:16:53 UTC 2009

I had to restore my new ubuntu Myth-TV system from a disk image. Long
story, and not really sure how I screwed things up.

For the most part, after restoring everything, I think I have things
working.

I can record with audio/video, so I'm happy.

The one thing that still alludes me at this point.

Every time I reboot, or logout from the mythtv user, and log back in,
I get the "Select your preferred language" screen. I do as asked, but
makes no difference.

If I log out of the Myth-TV account, and log back, Within the GUI,
when I select Applications ->  Sound & Video -> MythTv Frontend,

I'll get the "Select your preferred language" screen all over again.

I have no idea how to get the account to remember the settings each
and every time.

Thanks