[mythtv-users] Freebox autotranscode - recording profile?

Greg Mitchell greg at nodecam.com
Mon Mar 9 00:56:23 UTC 2009

Nick Rout wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Greg Mitchell <greg at nodecam.com> wrote:
>> The only problem is that the HD channels are all H.264, and my frontends
>> can't handle it.  I can transcode to a more CPU friendly format, and
>> everything looks great.  So I'd like to set up recording rules to auto
>> transcode.
>
> Have you tried vdpau on the recordings?

I don't have a vdpau capable video card - I also don't have a machine
that I can easily thow one in (my backend is pre PCI-E, and my frontends
are a mac mini and a dell studio hybrid, both with intel graphics)

I'm sure it would work, and I'm keeping a close eye on the vdpau stuff -
especially with the new small form factor stuff that should be just
around the corner, but until that happens I'd like to be able to
autotranscode the HD stuff to xvid, which all my frontends can handle.

Thanks,

Greg