[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] comcast moving to settop on Bay Area - goodbye analog

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 19:15:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 5:25 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You'd think they could get sued for false advertising or making a false
>> statement or something like that.  At the very least, a bunch of people
>> should write to the local news papers and make sure people are informed
>> (people still read those, right??).
>>

> Wasn't the FTC already investigating this? I vaguely remember hearing
> (most likely it was on this list) that Comcast, Time Warner ... were
> under some investigation about lying to their customers that their
> cable had anything to do with the Feb 17th switchover and forcing them
> to move to digital.
>

> John

I've seen several adds for cable on TV in the New York area (before
Congress delayed the switch) that were _unbelievably_
deceptive...essentially saying "get cable now before you loose use of
your antenna".  I can't believe the feds are letting them get away
with this shit...it's deceptive, anti-consumer, _and_ blames the whole
fabrication on the government all at the same time.  What do they have
to do to get in trouble...go up to capitol hill and kick them in the
nuts?

Tom