[mythtv-users] Central Storage

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Mar 7 01:07:24 UTC 2009

noelcollins at optusnet.com.au wrote:
> Ok, I have noticed Wake on LAN in the setup, does this mean the master would wake ALL backends not just individual backends

If you use the capacity built into mythtv, it's either all backends
online, or none of them.  You can, of course, turn frontends on and off
at will.

> and maybe set channel priority such that different channels would default record on different backends.

Why would you want to do that?

> Use tuners in frontends for watching liveTV.
There isn't really any such thing as 'livetv' in mythtv.  Livetv is just
a recording that is flagged as a temporary file, and auto-expired after
a few days.  As such, the tuner used is the first one that shows up in
the list.  You cannot dedicate, or otherwise prioritize one tuner for
livetv, nor can you prioritize one tuner for one frontend.