[mythtv-users] Central Storage

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 22:52:31 UTC 2009

>> Will be using Wake on LAN for the secondary backends, suspend on the
>> frontends, so only the Master and server will be 24/7
>
> That setup is not currently supported in mythtv.  Mythtv expects all
> backends to be online, or all backends to be offline, but it will not
> currently boot and shutdown nodes on-demand.

I have a master backend  and a secondary backend. I can shut down the
secondary any time I want (as long as it is not recording) and then
bring it back up and myth will use it again. It will even
automatically move scheduled recordings over to the master backend if
they are the same type. The only problem is if the master gets
rebooted the secondary does not try to reconnect so the master thinks
it is unavailable.

John