[mythtv-users] Remote control mythweb or make a Remote LocationFrontend

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Fri Mar 6 18:36:02 UTC 2009

>Honestly not something that would interest me, mostly because if I'm
>going to watch using mythweb, I don't want to carry around -another-
>box to where I'm going (when I travel, there's either already a
>computer there, I bring one of my laptops, or both).  However, it
>would be relatively straightforward to grab a learning remote and an
>IR keyboard and make the remote work like a keyboard...ATI
>All-In-Wonder remotes (if memory serves) do something similar.
>
>Good luck!
>--
>Doug

The idea is not to have to have a separate box to carry around. I was just
thinking that if I logged into mythweb (or an altered version of it), you
could control it via remote control, but have the interface look very much
like the frontend's interface. Then, any computer would be a frontend.

-Steve