[mythtv-users] mythdvd rip in background

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Mar 6 17:33:51 UTC 2009

> library. I stuck the dvd in and went throught and kicked the process off,
> and then exited back to watch something only to discover that it stops the
> rip.

I rip in the background all the time. However, I've had cases where it
fails to rip because it encounters an error (either a dirty disk, or
one of the bad-block copy protection methods). Have you let it run
through to see if it rips while you are on the rip screen? It might
just be that it is encountering an error after you switch away.
Unfortunately, it doesn't display any error message when that
happens...it just goes back to the "nothing to do" screen (though if
you look in the mtd log, I think it might say something there).

--
Ron