[mythtv-users] Watching and recording with Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T 500 PCI

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 21:57:21 UTC 2009

On 24/02/2009, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/02/2009, Mike Holden <mythtv at mikeholden.org> wrote:
>
>  >  Question for anybody to answer:
>  >  I have seen the Y key mentioned many times. Is this a carry-over from
>  >  earlier versions, and more to the point, is it still in current
>  >  documentation/wiki etc that it does something?
>

> Yes, it's a carry over. Its usage is still listed in keys.txt and the
>  installation docs for 0.21-fixes...

Checking the commits for the multirec feature
(http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/search?q=keybinding+switch+source&noquickjump=1&changeset=on)
gave:

http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/13917
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/15437

The latter includes this:

"Adds a new input switching mode which cycles through video sources, instead
of actual cards. The card switching mode keymap is now undefined by default,
and the video source switching uses it's "Y" keybinding. Unbind "NEXTSOURCE"
and bind "NEXTCARD" instead for the old behaviour. "

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: