[mythtv-users] Can "Trashure" computer cut the MPEG2 mustard?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:57:59 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xvmc+supported+cards (Sorry, I don't get to use that as
>> often as I'd like) :-)
>>
>> If you feel like splurging and upgrading, you may want to look into a
>> VDPAU-supported PCI card, I believe they can be had for around 50 bucks.
>
> Not for a AGP slot, but will work in PCI.

Problem is the iDEQs only have one PCI slot (at least mine does), so
that eliminates using a capture card, unless you want to go for a
HD-PVR solution (or no capture cards).  Yours also looks a little
cleaner than mine.  Mine has an annoying color changing light that
blinks, and I can figure out how to turn it off (seems that the wire
that powers this also powers the switch).  Another issue is the switch
on mine to turn it on does not work so well, and you really have to
jam it in at the right spot (which makes me hesitant every time I
power it down).  It is a bit cheap, but had everything I needed at a
decent price.