[mythtv-users] Can "Trashure" computer cut the MPEG2 mustard?

stefan_jones at comcast.net stefan_jones at comcast.net
Wed Mar 4 22:26:32 UTC 2009

I found a nice little Biostar bare-bones micro-desktop (iDEQ200v) in the trash this morning. It booted up and seems nicely equipped. With a little work (more memory, larger HD) I'm wondering if it might make a good low-end MythBox.

Well, I know for sure that it is better than my first box, which could capture and stream analog and capture digital. So I guess my question really is: Do you think this could stream HD digital without stuttering?

Athlon 3200 (2.2 Ghz)

512 KB memory (DDR 333, PC2700)

GeoForce 6200, 128 mb onboard, in an 8x AGP port

I'm going to put in a SATA drive I have on hand.

If it could handle streaming HD, I'd put a Happauge HVR 1600 in its one available PCI slot.

If not, no great loss. I'll install ubuntu and give it to a friend.