[mythtv-users] organizing my Watch Recordings screen

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 19:39:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> * On Wed Mar 04, 2009 at 08:06:45AM -0500, Fred Squires wrote:
>> Recording Groups are fine, but I'd also like a hierarchical menu, or
>> at least a way to jump to all episodes of a series. If I'm looking
>
> Uhh, when focus is on the left/title side of the screen, scroll down
> until you get to the title of the program you are looking for and
> then you'll see all episodes of that title on the right hand side....
>
>> through my recordings and I see an episode of Lost, I always have to
>> ask myself, "Did I watch last week's episode of Lost". Which means I
>> have to jump back to the left and find Lost in the list to see if I
>> have more than one episode, or read the description to see if I've
>
> How will multiple levels help you remember what you watched last week?
> It sounds like you should go to a specific title rather than looking
> at the 'All Programs' virtual title or the Watch List or category or
> recgroup or whatever you are looking at that includes more than one
> title in the right/episode side of the screen.

I think you're a little confused about what I meant, Chris. I mean if
I'm on the right side looking at my most recent recordings and I find
a show I'd like to watch, I then have to jump to the left side and
find that show to see if there are any previous episodes that I
haven't seen yet. I don't have to do this with every show, just the
ones I'm not sure if I've caught up with yet or not.
I don't usually use the Watch list because it tends to be cluttered
with older shows that I have saved, and I don't use categories too
often simply because I'd have to go back and change the categories of
a lot of shows along with the recording rules for those shows. I'm not
saying these things won't help with my situation, I'm just saying a
way to jump to the show from an episode on the right would be
convenient.
BTW, the hierarchy didn't really have much to do with that problem,
just that a hierarchy such as Category -> Show (sorted by air date) ->
Episode, would also take care of this problem.
Also, is it possible to make a dynamic Category or recording group,
such as with regular expressions. So theoretically I could make a
Prime Time group where any show with a shart time between 8 PM and
10:30 PM would be a member. or a sitcom group where show length is
between 25 and 35 minutes and genre is comedy.  Something like that
would be convenient. I know recording rules can be setup like this,
but I've never scene recording groups like this.

--
http://www.gunaxin.com/ : check out my new site about Sports, Girls,
Humor, Media, Gadgets, and Beer.