[mythtv-users] Lirc Issue, Fedora 10, PRV250, Intermitant Delay with remote sends in MythTV

Larry on the Dell Laptop larry at foxgulch.com
Wed Mar 4 15:05:53 UTC 2009

Ref:  Thread concerning response delay (intermittent)  in mythfrontend.

I have mythfrontend that has this problem.   The Mythbuntu 8.10 on
partition 3 experiences the problem (occasionally I push the remote
button, for example, but  nothing happens for a few moments or so.
Eventually the remote starts working again.   I sshed into the box and
irw always seems to be instantly responsive)

 On this same box (same hardware) on Partition 1, I have a frontend
based on Mythbuntu 8.04.2.   As near as I can tell 8.04.2 doesn't
experience this problem.

FE installation (Doesn't have Problem):
1. Yes, updated to today
2.  Mythbuntu 8.04.2  2.6.24-23-generic
3.  Gnome  (desktop installed from Mythbuntu Control Centre menu selection)
     Screensaver is active, causes not problem.
4.  Remote is StreamZap  USB  selected from Mythbuntu Control Centre.
5.
lj at lian2:~$ mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 18207
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live

On the Mythbuntu  8.10 (The one with the remote button delay, this
installation has the problem.)
1. Yes, updated to today
2.  Mythbuntu 8.10   2.6.27-11-generic
3.  Gnome  (desktop installed from Mythbuntu Control Centre menu selection)
     Screensaver is not active.
4.  Remote is StreamZap  USB  selected from Mythbuntu Control Centre.
(same as 8.04.2 installation on same box)
5. lj at lian2:~$ mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 18722
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live

Larry