[mythtv-users] organizing my Watch Recordings screen

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 13:06:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> * On Tue Mar 03, 2009 at 09:50:39PM -0500, jarpublic at gmail.com wrote:
>> I use recording groups to keep things separate. I have tons of kids
>
>> listing recordings by title too cumbersome. So I keep the kids shows
>> and movies in their own recording groups. Then I use the option to
>> show only recording groups. This works better for me, but I still find
>> it frustrating. It would be nice if we could get one or two more
>> levels of hierarchy like you can in mythvideo. So you can have
>
> Recording Groups give you one extra level.
>
> It sounds like you are using the "Group View" to display Recording
> Groups in the Program Title area and viewing 'All Programs' instead of
> a single Recording Group.  Instead, use the "Group Filter"
> option on the MENU popup to choose to display only one Recording
> Group at a time.
>
> Make a 'Saved' Recording Group and move recordings into that group
> if you want to save them.  Then you only see them if you select 'Saved'
> from the "Group Filter" view.
>
> If you use the Group Filter, you only have to wade through the
> recordings in that group and you have the normal title-on-left and
> subtitle-on-right layout for all recordings in that group.  You can even
> assign a key to the Recording Group Chooser popup menu to jump directly
> between groups without having to go through the MENU popup.
>
> --
> Chris

Recording Groups are fine, but I'd also like a hierarchical menu, or
at least a way to jump to all episodes of a series. If I'm looking
through my recordings and I see an episode of Lost, I always have to
ask myself, "Did I watch last week's episode of Lost". Which means I
have to jump back to the left and find Lost in the list to see if I
have more than one episode, or read the description to see if I've
watched the last episode. I can't imagine that I'm the only person
with this problem.

--
http://www.gunaxin.com/ : check out my new site about Sports, Girls,
Humor, Media, Gadgets, and Beer.