[mythtv-users] organizing my Watch Recordings screen

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Mar 4 03:45:11 UTC 2009

* On Tue Mar 03, 2009 at 09:50:39PM -0500, jarpublic at gmail.com wrote:
> I use recording groups to keep things separate. I have tons of kids

> listing recordings by title too cumbersome. So I keep the kids shows
> and movies in their own recording groups. Then I use the option to
> show only recording groups. This works better for me, but I still find
> it frustrating. It would be nice if we could get one or two more
> levels of hierarchy like you can in mythvideo. So you can have

Recording Groups give you one extra level.

It sounds like you are using the "Group View" to display Recording
Groups in the Program Title area and viewing 'All Programs' instead of
a single Recording Group.  Instead, use the "Group Filter"
option on the MENU popup to choose to display only one Recording
Group at a time.

Make a 'Saved' Recording Group and move recordings into that group
if you want to save them.  Then you only see them if you select 'Saved'
from the "Group Filter" view.

If you use the Group Filter, you only have to wade through the
recordings in that group and you have the normal title-on-left and
subtitle-on-right layout for all recordings in that group.  You can even
assign a key to the Recording Group Chooser popup menu to jump directly
between groups without having to go through the MENU popup.

--
Chris