[mythtv-users] Perfect frontend?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 00:28:26 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/3/4 Nick F <nikos.f at gmail.com>

> Hey JY - I'm curious what didn't work for you with the previous mini.  I've
> got one of the Core Duo (not C2D) mini's - and have been very happy with it
> for 1080i and 720p (so most of the broadcast TV here in the US) driving a
> 1080p TV.  It sucks unfortunately for BBC HD (when I lived in the UK) and
> any h.264 content (like Blurays or even my flip video).

OpenGL isn't properly supported ; so none of the opengl deinterlacers worked
.
Never got OpenGL vsync to work so I always had slight tearing.

After spending so much time fiddling with it (upgraded the CPU to a 2.33GHz
one, more RAM, bluray player, bigger HD) I gave up.

Plus once you've tasted the VDPAU deinterlacers ; I won't try anything else
:)

I still believe it's the best frontend : it's the most quiet , non obtrusive
solution ...

I loved mine ... but was frustrated that my Sony TV always gave better
result when using the build-in DVB-T tuner

> {Thanks by the way for your VDPAU back-port repo - I've been using it very
> sucessfully for one of my frontends}

Most of the work is from the mythtv developers really (especially Mark
Kendall)