[mythtv-users] Perfect frontend?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 22:23:18 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/3/4 John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>

> The $300 device I was talking about would have to be no louder than a
> dvd player is while spinning up playing a movie. Being that I have
> built a few hundred computers in my lifetime this is not the most
> difficult part.

I'd love to know what configuration you would use that for $300 would be
perfectly silent and would fit under a TV.

I bought a mini last July but thanks to the crappy intel onboard video I
quickly stopped using it as a mythtv frontend.

I since replaced it with a PC ; got what was supposed to be one of the
quietest power supply (Seasonic S12+) , along a very silent case (Antec
Media Fusion). I removed all the fan only to use a big CPU cooler  (Noctua
NH-C12P)... A silent video card (9400GT).

That adds up to way more than $300 ; and it is still nowhere as quiet as my
previous mini ! (though I can't hear it when the TV is running)

Jean-Yves