[mythtv-users] New HD HomeRun problem

John Freeman bigslippery at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:55:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Justin Kim <justinlkim at gmail.com> wrote:
> > At 7:39 AM -0800 3/3/09, Bob Sully wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all -
> >>
> >> I am suddenly unable to record from the HD-HR (got a zero-byte recording
> >> of "24" last night).  I can record or watch Live TV from my other
> tuners,
> >> including the QAM input of the pcHD-5500, so, it's not a cableco issue.
> >>
> >  This (or something very similar) happened to me recently.  I had no
> > problems getting a windows PC to record off the HDHR, but no joy on my
> > Mythbox.  In the end, removing the HDHR tuners from Myth and adding them
> > back in fixed it for me.  Of course, now I have to redo all of my channel
> > assignments, but at least the HDHR works now.
> >
> > Justin
>
> You don't have to drop your sources when you drop your tuner - you
> shouldn't have to redo any channel assignments.

Well I had the same problem last night and I figured Time Warner changed the
channels around on me again, happened at least 3 times in the last six
months :(
A rescan usually does the trick but not this time. So I went ahead and
deleted the tuners and re-added them then did a rescan. Still nothing...So I
gave up and went to bed.
Was working fine on Sunday and I have not made any changes to the system,
strange. I have not checked the power brick but I'm thinking something else
is up..

John